How many of us have done this: we just got home from the WORST day ever. Our boss screamed at us again, we were late to everything, and by the time we get home, the only thing we can think about doing is plunging face-first into a huge tub of ice cream and whatever else we have in our kitchens. We all have those comfort foods we love to turn to when we aren’t feeling great. However, while it may make you feel good for a moment, food is not going to make all that stress go away. This week on The Stress Less Show, we are talking about food and emotional eating - a huge issue for so many of us out there. I brought Jessica Procini, founder of Escape From Emotional Eating, on the show to help us learn how to stop using food as a way to cope with our stress…
We’re taking a little bit of a different approach to stress in this week’s episode of The Stress Less Show. A lot of us view stress as being public enemy #1 in our lives. I mean, who has time for all the stress headaches, lack of sleep, frustration?? It is no secret that for a lot of us, stress is really negatively affecting our ability to feel healthy and make healthy choices. However, since this month’s theme is physical health, I brought fitness and nutrition coach Nick Deacon on the show to talk about how we can actually start to see stress as a way for us to grow and even improve our bodies and minds…
What you Need:
- Pan or Electric Griddle
- (Leftover Thanksgiving) Turkey or Chicken - Cooked & Shredded
- Soft Taco Flour Tortillas
- Sliced Onions
- Sliced Red & Green Bell Peppers
- Shredded Cheese (optional)
What to do:
- Slice onions and peppers.
- Saute onions and peppers in pan with a little bit of butter on medium heat.
- Once onions and peppers are sauteed add turkey or chicken to onions and peppers to heat up.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Heat additional pan or griddle and place tortillas on surface.
- Add layer of cheese on top of each tortilla (optional).
- Add onion, peppers, and turkey/chicken mixture on top of each tortilla.
- Add another layer of cheese on top of each tortilla (optional).
- Place additional tortilla on top of all ingredients and flip to brown.
- Remove from griddle/pan and slice into wedges.