We have spent the past three weeks on The Stress-Less Show talking about how to manage your debt, budget and money mindset because let’s face it, money can be a touchy subject for a lot of us. We all wish we could live a life where money was not something that we had to worry about all the time. That’s why I brought on money expert Kristy Runzer of OnRoute Financial to share some tips on how to start working towards financial freedom…
This week on the Stress-Less Show, we are talking about Budgeting. I know, your head may still be spinning from all the numbers you spent pouring over on tax day, but now is a perfect time to start crafting a budget that you can stick to so that tax season is a little less stressful. Money Mindset Expert and Certified CPA, Mala Dukhi of Wise Women Smart Money, is back on the show to talk all about how and why to start budgeting.
Let’s be honest: Budgeting is not most people’s idea of a good time. It requires taking a look at your bank accounts and debts and unfortunately, that makes it really easy for most of us to just avoid altogether. Mala noted that “Most people that I've talked to avoid looking at their numbers and the more you avoid the more anxiety and stress you're going to have. So…
We can’t be the only people out there that find ourselves in a rut when the buzz surrounding our hard work goes silent. The truth is, putting the product together is the easiest part. Keeping people talking about your work once the initial “hype” that surrounds it dies off is much, much harder. In this week’s Youtube series from Carlee she’s giving you 5 steps that will help your word of mouth grow, and keep buzzing.
- CREATE. Create something that provides value to your community, that really stays current to your brand (ie. your art and what it’s all about). If you know that you’re community is filled with 22 year old women in the throws of navigating adulthood, that is perfect. Play to that demographic and develop a freemium, a free tool (often a PDF) that reflects your brand and their wants/needs. Do they want funky art like yours, but have no idea how to incorporate it into their living room? Give them 5 tips for doing so! Do they want a work of art that reflects their personal style? Walk them through how to find it! Make sure that this is information and advice that you are willing to pass along for free. Remember, we want to start the conversation about your business and what you have to offer.Having something that reflects exactly what you are offering, and being able to put it directly into the hands of your target audience is something that is immeasurable to your success. This is going to cause a chain reaction. Word of mouth will start to spread, and your reach will start to expand organically.
- BUILD A VEHICLE FOR DISTRIBUTION. Draft the template or email that you will use to distribute your new freemium that you have worked created. You are going to want to round up your list of friends in the industry, bloggers, vloggers, peers with any type of social media following, and those who resemble your brand’s target demographic. Having a template to use and in place makes it so much easier to send yourself out into the cyber land when you receive a new contact or connection. We use MailChimp for exactly this service. You can check them out, here. Be careful not to sound too salesy or pushy, people detest sales pitches!Make sure to leave the line of communication open in your template, so that you are always able to have feedback from these people.
- PRESS SEND - OR NOT. MailChimp takes care of the automation aspect of correspondence. With the automated system in place you can make sure that you are getting your freemium to the right people at the right time. What’s even better than the automation, is having the analytic feedback that MailChimp breaks down for you. Get your content into the hands of the people who you want to start talking about your work.
- KEEP THE CONVERSATION GOING. Check back in after they have had your brand’s product in their life for a few days. ...and keep checking in and providing value whenever you can. What you are doing is building a email list--and this list is going to help you succeed. You reaching out and following up keeps that line of communication open, and of course after a little cultivation...ask them to buy something. Remember, for all intensive purposes your business is closed unless you asked for money that day. .
- REPEAT. Repeat steps one through four every so often, and with no hesitation! This should all become a part of your Hustling Repertoire. You’ve got this.
We want to hear what you have been doing to get people talking about your art and business!